Mommy Loves You


Baby girl, mommy loves you. 

Never forget this. 

I work hard every day to keep you secure and protected. 

Never ever want you feeling unloved or neglected.

Want you to grow up to be a woman who's revered and respected. 


Baby girl, 

I look at you every day and I'm grateful. 

Even if I never eat again, I'll remain full. 

Knowing I gave birth to such brains and such beauty, 

Protecting you has become my soul purpose, my duty. 


Baby girl, 

I wish sometimes that I could do more for you.

I feel bad sometimes when I miss out on quality time due to all the work I do. 

But I want you to know that I've got your best interest at heart, and so

even when we're apart, know that mommy's trying to be smart. 

Saving and investing cause I don't want your life to be hard. 


When the going gets tough and I feel like giving up,

When my nights are filled with crying and it's like I've had enough, 

You remind me I'm a diamond in the rough. 

Even in harsh circumstances, you help me remain tough. 


You keep me going strong. 

I know I'm not alone. 

Even when this life feels painful, 

You keep helping me along. 

Keep me hanging on. 


You're my energy, my song. 

I live for you, I'd die for you. 

I'll love you until I'm gone. 


Baby girl, mommy loves you. 

Never forget this. 

If you're ever in doubt, come back and read this. - Chika Anene


Singing sessions in Igbo with my baby when she was 4 months old 😍. She still loves singing! 

Comments

Popular Posts